What is medical tourism or health tourism?
Various definitions have been given for medical tourism, which is sometimes called health tourism or health tourism. The World Tourism Organization (WTO) specifically defines health tourism as: the use of services that lead to the improvement or enhancement of health and morale of a person (using mineral waters, climate or medical interventions) and in a place outside It takes more than 24 hours from the person’s place of residence. The category of health tourism is beyond medical tourism. The global slogan of health tourism, facilities and services are at the level of first or advanced world countries and prices and costs are at the level of developing and third world countries.
One of the sub-branches of health tourism is medical tourism
In fact, medical tourism is the most common and sensitive sub-branch of health tourism. This trip is generally done for the treatment of illness or surgery or health check-up of the tourist in clinics and hospitals of the country with high medical facilities and reasonable treatment costs. Medical tourism or therapeutic tourism is the most sensitive type of tourism among all types of tourism. Because it is directly related to the life and health of tourists. Although many tourist countries in the world today provide medical tourism services to earn money, but certainly, the capability of a country in medical science and medical services, unlike recreational and sports tourism, is not something that can be achieved only by construction and spending money. The presence of skilled and experienced doctors, the history of medical science, the existence of therapeutic and monitoring infrastructures, the existence of standard hospitals and clinics, complete and up-to-date medical equipment, as well as the existence of medical laws and supervision are among the important medical infrastructures of a country, so that country can In the next stage, by integrating accommodation and tourism services, he will start working in the field of health tourism. It should be mentioned that the country of Iran has thousands of years of medical history and Iranian doctors have always been known internationally.
With the highest equipment and facilities, as well as the presence of experienced doctors and committed personnel, Parsian Hospital is ready to provide medical services to international tourists and foreign patients.
The provision of health tourism services in Iranian hospitals has been widely welcomed. One of the important reasons for this phenomenon is the reasonable cost of medical services in Iran compared to developed countries. The cost of treatment for international patients in Iran is much lower than in other countries.
In order to accommodate international patients, the VIP department of Parsian Hospital is considered that this department is located in the western part of the fifth floor of the hospital and due to its structure, it is divided into two parts A7 and B7, which is basically one department with a single management and rules. It has 8 rooms including 4 VIP rooms and 4 rooms with 2 beds.
The office of the international patient admission unit is located on the ground floor and the head of this unit is Mr. Dr. Pishgahi and the expert is Mrs. Sahar Esmaili.
Rules related to the admission of international patients
- Hospitalization and admission of patients will be changed according to the opinion of the infection control committee for the care of diseases transmitted from the outbreak of diseases and the care system of tests based on international laws and in case of outbreaks and epidemics of diseases.
- General tests are routinely performed for all admitted and hospitalized patients, which include HIV, HBs, HCv, and PPD, and are tests requested by the doctor. CCHF test is performed for patients with fever and suspicious symptoms from Turkey, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India.
- Care-bley (cholera) test is performed for patients admitted from Iraq and Syria if they have diarrhea.
- In case of patients from Saudi Arabia and Iraq with symptoms of fever and cold, H1N1 and coronavirus test will be done.
- In case of unknown diseases and the presence of specific symptoms, most of the patients are consulted for infection.
- In case of direct contact of the patient with the center and direct admission through the hospital, the patient should send all his documents including tests, CT scan, MRI, summary of the case if the patient is hospitalized in the treatment center of his country and other documents required by the treating doctor by email. .
- In case of accepting the patient by the tourism company, the tourism company is obliged to send all the patient’s documents including tests, MRI CT scan, summary of the case if the patient is hospitalized in the treatment center of his country and other documents required by the treating doctor by email.
- All steps and procedures from admission to discharge of the patient will be carried out by the international patient unit.
- The doctor treating the patient will be determined by the doctor in charge of international patients after reviewing the documents and the patient’s visit.